Parents or parishioners who volunteer at the academy are invaluable to achieving the goals and objectives of the academy’s mission and philosophy. The administration and faculty appreciate the presence of volunteers who create a warm, positive and enriching environment for the children.
Duties of volunteers may include:
- Reading to or with the children
- Assisting with learning centers in the kindergarten or 1st grade classroom
- Tutoring a child or group of children
- Monitoring students during lunch, recess or class parties
- Helping students prepare for various contests
- Helping in the library by checking out books, shelving books, repairing books and selling books at the book fairs
- Assisting with special projects or presentations
- Chaperoning field trips
- Assisting with technology
- Assisting with student clubs
The Academy of St. Adalbert is truly appreciative of the invaluable and needed services of the volunteers who so generously give of their time and talent for the success of many and varied programs. To volunteer, please contact the office at (440) 234-5529.
VIRTUS Training is required for anyone 18 and over who is planning on spending 4 or more hours per month with a minor child.
A live VIRTUS training is required only once along with Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI) fingerprints and background check for those who have lived in Ohio for 5 years or longer. If you have not lived in Ohio for over 5 years, you will be required to get FBI prints and BCI. The training lasts approximately 3 hours and a certificate of completion will be granted to you at the end of the session. Two acknowledgment forms need to be completed and returned to your primary location of use which is St. Adalbert and/or the Academy of St. Adalbert. Continuing bulletins will be mandatory to stay compliant with the VIRTUS protocol. You will be able to access the assigned bulletins after you register on virtus.org with your personal information. If you have any questions, or need a list of upcoming VIRTUS sessions, contact the academy at 440-234-5529.