Tuition information is included in the registration packets. Click here to download the applicable packet.
This year there are four options of ways to pay for your tuition.
- Option #1—The EdChoice Expansion Scholarship will pay for your child’s tuition in full. For some, the Jon Peterson Scholarship will fund your child’s tuition. Any tuition not funded through these options is your responsibility.
- Option #2—You choose pay in full before August 21, 2017. By choosing this method and paying on time you will receive a 5% discount on tuition.
- Option #3—You can choose to have a monthly amount auto deducted from a checking/savings account or by credit card by St. Adalbert Parish.
- Option #4—Lastly, you can be billed monthly by SMART Tuition Management. By choosing this option you will need to enroll in SMART Tuition Management. The finance department will walk you through this process if you haven’t done so before.
Financial Aid Philosophy:
Both the Diocese of Cleveland and The Academy of St. Adalbert understand that choosing to send your child to a Catholic school is a financial sacrifice for your family. The aid given helps to bridge the gap between what a family can afford and the cost of a Catholic education. While the cost of tuition should not be a barrier to applying or attending, we believe that the primary responsibility for financing a student’s education rests with her or her family. We understand that financial hardship does arise and are here to help in whatever capacity we can. Once scholarships and outside aid is awarded, please contact Matthew McDonald at he parish office if additional aid is needed. Please be advised that each year, requests for aid exceed our financial aid budget. We must consider our students financial needs, enrollment requirements and number of students who need aid.
Steps to receiving Financial Aid:
Any family that is financially unable to pay tuition must fill out a financial aid form called a SMART Aid Application by March 1st, 2017. SMART Aid in an independent company who uses information from the application to do an objective evaluation of a family’s financial profile. There is a $25.00 fee to fill out this form. Please note that without this form being submitted, neither the Diocese or St. Adalbert Finance Committee can assess your families financial needs so no aid will be able to be provided. This includes scholarships which may become available. If you have question whether you might need assistance we encourage you to fill out this form. This online form can be accessed by clicking here. Directions to help you with this form can be downloaded by clicking here. This form must include a 2016 federal income tax return for both parents. Since hardship is assessed on an annual basis, even if the family has submitted the form in prior years, they need to submit the form again.
Diocesen Tuition Assistance
Once the PSAS has been submitted, the results will be sent to the Diocese of Cleveland. The Diocese does provide some assistance. Diocesan tuition assistance is available to families in need financially with children in kindergarten through grade 12 attending Catholic elementary and high schools within the Diocese of Cleveland funded by the Catholic Education Endowment Trust (CEET). Depending on family needs and the diocesan funds available, grants usually range from $200-$1000 for elementary school. Notifications of this aid will come directly from the Diocese of Cleveland.
St. Adalbert Parish provides a limited amount of financial aid to families through a program called Academy of St. Adalbert Scholarship Aid for students in financial need. This aid is based on financial need and situations which have befallen families. Situations such as…
- Parents who are having financial shortfalls in meeting tuition payments and whose students may have to withdraw from the Academy of St. Adalbert,
- Potential students whose families are having difficulty raising tuition in order to send their children to the Academy of St. Adalbert
- Families whose financial circumstances have changed to their disadvantage.
The Scholarship Aid program is funded solely through the generosity of individuals and companies who contribute to the program at the Parish. We are thankful for the support the parishioners give to the school!
If a special circumstance has occurred in your family after this aid has been awarded, please contact Matthew McDonald to discuss your situation confidentially.
The Academy of St. Adalbert’s Shopping Certificate program lets you purchase prepaid gift cards to be used just like cash at local businesses. For every $25 worth that you purchase, the Academy of St. Adalbert receives a $1.10 bonus from the stores at no cost to you. Over 55 certificates are available for gas, groceries, restaurants, department and sporting goods, home furnishings, appliances, electronics, clothes, pharmacies, gifts, office supplies and home improvements.
Stop by the lobby after Mass to purchase shopping certificates or download the order form by click this link: Shopping Certificate order form 12_2013. Send the completed form and a check to school with your child. Certificates will be sent to you in your Family Mail.
Shopping Certificates can also be used to accumulate Academy of St. Adalbert tuition credit each year! Look in the “Credit” column of the order form to see what percentage you can earn.